LEVERAGING SCRUM AS A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
Product ownership is about more than mechanics: it’s about taking accountability and focusing on value in everything you do. In The Professional Product Owner, two leading experts in Scrum product ownership show how to identify, measure, and maximize value throughout your entire product lifecycle.
Drawing on a combined 40+ years of agile experience, Don McGreal and Ralph Jocham guide you through all facets of envisioning, emerging, and maturing a product with Scrum. You’ll learn how to plan strategy, manage complexity, continuously deliver value, and implement concrete best-practices for managing backlogs and releases. Throughout, the authors’ personal anecdotes help you recognize and overcome obstacles to success, whatever your Scrum or product management experience.
- Define success from the “outside in,” using external measurements to guide development
- Bring empowerment and entrepreneurship to the Product Owner’s role, and align everyone behind a shared business model
- Effectively apply Scrum’s Product Owner role, artifacts, and events
- Populate and manage Product Backlogs, and use just-in-time specifications
- Improve transparency, reduce technical debt, and scale your product (not your Scrum)
- Use Scrum to inject autonomy, mastery, and purpose into your product team’s work